- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1. 5 eggs
- 2. 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 3. white cheddar cheese
- 4. skim milk
- 5. pepper/salt
- 6. Sweet roasted pepper flakes
- 7. Apple smoked salt
- 8.Italian Parsley
- 9. Chard
- 10. Mustard Greens
- 11. Turkey bacon
- 12. Tomatoes
- 13. Shiitake mushrooms
- 1. Chop the garlic and the rest of your veggies and transfer to a cast iron pan (round and good size)—
- 2. Carmelize it in a pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- 3. Add your chopped onions to the garlic & olive oil and simmer.
- 4. Add the rest of the chopped veggies, stir around and multi-task by pre-heating the oven to 360 degrees.
- 5. Add all herbs including Italian Parsley, Sweet Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper.
- 6. After sauteing veggies pour your mixture of 5 eggs, skim milk (with salt and pepper) into the pan on medium heat.
- 7. Add a generous amount of cheese to the top equally distributed (not too generous–but generous enough).
- 8. Let sit for over medium heat until transferring the frittata into the oven (smaller ovens are better because they heat up faster and cook faster).
- 9. Let bake for about 20 minutes or until top is somewhat hardened (not too hard) and browned. Let cool.
NotesI don’t generally toot my own horn, but this late night dinner was absolutely flavor-packed, delectable and fiery.
I made Egg Frittata with apple smoked turkey bacon and corn bread. This meal was very easy to make, absolutely delicious, and a perfect ‘breakfast inspired’ dinner. The hardest part of this meal is heading to your local farmer’s market to pick up these ingredients.
I went to the Farmer’s market this morning and purchased a ton of veggies, produce and some interesting curiosities. I know it’s a schlep to get to your local market, and generally you should bring cash, but I cannot express how much BETTER the food tastes when you get it fresh and local. It’s no joke.