- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 3 24oz jars of meaty spaghetti sauce (or make your own; 72 oz worth)
- 1 box of "no boil" Barilla lasagna noodles
- 3 8oz bags of shredded five Italian cheese or plain mozzarella cheese
- 1 large onion
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground Italian sausage
- 3 to 4 baby portabella mushrooms
- McCormick’s Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder
- 9x13 baking or corningware dish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown ground beef and Italian sausage.
- Drain and put in a large pot or large bowl.
- Chop onions and mince garlic, chop mushrooms, and sauté all three in a in 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add mixture to beef and sausage mixture.
- Generously season mixture with Italian seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Using a 9”x13” baking dish, follow these steps:
- Coat bottom of pan with a thin layer of sauce
- Add a meat mixture layer
- Add a layer of sauce (heavy or light is your preference)
- Add a pasta layer.
- **Note: You can break the pasta in half to make an even layer but do not overlap pasta more than a ¼”**
- Add a cheese layer.
- Repeat steps until the top of the dish is reached (should be approximately three layers).
- The top layer should be cheese.
- ****Note: If more layers are used and sauce or meat rises above the rim of the dish, spillage could occur in the oven.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove foil in the last ten minutes of baking to brown the top cheese layer.
- Let the lasagna cool for 20 minutes before serving.
NotesCompliments of my sister.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Christmas CookiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More