- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy OH family
- 1 cup crushed pork rind recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 16 pieces of string cheese
- some spices you prefer....(me, i like oregano, cayenne, garlic salt, celerysalt, black pepper)
- canola oil (enough to fill a skillet 1/2")
- Preheat oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, crush the pork rinds in a gallon ziplock bag with a rolling pin (or crumb using a food processor) until the pieces are bread-crumb-fine. Add Mrs. Dash (or other preferred seasoning) to the bag.
- Lightly beat egg in a bowl. (This is going to be the egg bath.)
- Taking a string cheese, completely cover with egg in the bowl. Transfer the cheese to the crumb/spice bag.
- The crumbs will not necessarily want to stick to the cheese. That said, and because the cheese should be completely covered (to keep ooze at bay in the pan), you are going to want to firmly "mold" the rind crumbs around the cheese while the cheese is still in the bag.
- Cook in preheated oil until the coating is lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes, turning once, and cooking for 1-4 more minutes. Move to a plate covered with a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing or marinara sauce.