- Cooking Time: 85
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (8 ounce) pizza sauce
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Sliced mushrooms, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Mix beef, eggs, crumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and oregano. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains; drain.
- Spoon pizza sauce over loaf and top with mozzarella cheese slices. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, if desired, saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter; arrange on top of meat loaf. Sprinkle with parsley if desire.
NotesThis recipe is from an old issue of Taste of Home magazine. I made it with ground turkey and halfed the recipe. Very good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Social Cookbook
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More