- Cooking Time: 85
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (8 ounce) pizza sauce
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Sliced mushrooms, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Mix beef, eggs, crumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and oregano. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains; drain.
- Spoon pizza sauce over loaf and top with mozzarella cheese slices. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, if desired, saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter; arrange on top of meat loaf. Sprinkle with parsley if desire.
NotesThis recipe is from an old issue of Taste of Home magazine. I made it with ground turkey and halfed the recipe. Very good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
50 Shades of Taste
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More