- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16-ounce) blocks pasteurized mozzarella cut into 4 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- Stir the bread crumbs, 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl to blend. Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the cheese in the bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat
- completely. Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Cover and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the fried cheese to plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with marinara sauce.
NotesThese are always a big hit!!! Pretty messy process, though, so be prepared!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More