- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 12-15 1 inch mozzarella balls (marinated in olive oil)
- 1 26oz jar favorite pasta sauce, or homemade sauce
- 4-6 Garlic Ciabatta Rolls, or other rolls of choice, cut in half
- 4 sliced provolone cheese, each cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place beef, egg, milk, hot sauce, bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, oregano and basil in a large bowl.
- With hands or large spoon, mix until well combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 Cup meat mixture in hands; press 1 mozzarella ball into middle of meat and form a ball around the cheese.
- Do this until all meat and cheese is used up; makes about 12-15 large meatballs.
- Place all meatballs into a 9x13 inch baking dish that has 1/4 Cup olive oil spread into bottom. Bake for 20 minutes; flip all meatballs. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place pasta sauce into a large pot. Place cooked meatballs in sauce. Simmer on low heat.
- Place 1/2 slice of provolone onto the cut sides of rolls.
- Place onto tin foil or baking sheet and broil in oven for 1-2 minutes or until rolls are toasted and cheese is melted.
- Place 3-4 meatballs onto bottom halves of toasted rolls.
- Spoon pasta sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Close with top roll and serve warm.
NotesMozzarella Stuffed Meatball Hoagies
(my own recipe)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More