MOZZARELLA STUFFED MEATBALL HOAGIES
- Servings: 4 - 6
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 12-15 1 inch mozzarella balls (marinated in olive oil)
- 1 26oz jar favorite pasta sauce, or homemade sauce
- 4-6 Garlic Ciabatta Rolls, or other rolls of choice, cut in half
- 4 sliced provolone cheese, each cut into halves
Preheat oven to 350.
Place beef, egg, milk, hot sauce, bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, oregano and basil in a large bowl.
With hands or large spoon, mix until well combined.
Scoop about 1/4 Cup meat mixture in hands; press 1 mozzarella ball into middle of meat and form a ball around the cheese.
Do this until all meat and cheese is used up; makes about 12-15 large meatballs.
Place all meatballs into a 9x13 inch baking dish that has 1/4 Cup olive oil spread into bottom. Bake for 20 minutes; flip all meatballs. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Place pasta sauce into a large pot. Place cooked meatballs in sauce. Simmer on low heat.
Place 1/2 slice of provolone onto the cut sides of rolls.
Place onto tin foil or baking sheet and broil in oven for 1-2 minutes or until rolls are toasted and cheese is melted.
Place 3-4 meatballs onto bottom halves of toasted rolls.
Spoon pasta sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Close with top roll and serve warm.