- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk (or water)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tbls chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into 20 - 1/2" cubes) (I end up using most of a 8oz block)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Add the beef, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, egg and 1 tsp salt to the soaked breadcrumbs and stir with a fork until combined.
- Place about 2 Tbls of mixture in your hand and press a mozzarella cube into the center. Shape the meat around the cheese, forming a ball. Repeat with remaining mozzarella.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe for Spaghetti and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More