- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Pepperoni, larger size
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Hot Capicola, can use original for less spice
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Genoa
- 12 slices bacon, fried and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small onion, thinly diced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 24 banana pepper ring slices
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic, from a jar
- Mayo, enough to spread on hoagie buns
- Zesty Italian salad dressing, enough to drizzle on each sub
- 4 hoagie buns, I used Asiago Cheese hoagie buns
- Preheat toaster oven.
- Combine butter and garlic and melt in microwave oven, 1-1/2 minutes or so. When melted, brush mixture on the bottom of hoagie buns and the tops.
- Layer the deli meats on the bottom half of bun, then the cheese, bacon and then onion.
- Place in toaster oven open faced with top bun facing upwards. Toast until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and spread mayo, drizzle Italian dressing, add tomato, banana peppers and lettuce.
- Serve with pickles and chips.
NotesWhen we visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, our first stop is Mr. Sub which is located right on the beach and we have never found any other sub shop like this anywhere! We stop at Mr. Sub even before checking into the condo! When I googled Mr. Sub, there were several in different states but they were all different! I have a link posted below that shows Mr. Subs menu and since my DH likes #10 and I like #9, I decided to make a sub with a little of both on one sub! The sub I made was crazy good but nothing compares to the original which is baked in a stone oven! Makes 4 subs!
Here is the link for Mr. Sub's menu:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Adventures in Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More