MR. SUB ITALIAN #9
Mr. Sub Italian #9
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Pepperoni, larger size
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Hot Capicola, can use original for less spice
- 16 thin slices fresh deli Genoa
- 12 slices bacon, fried and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small onion, thinly diced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 24 banana pepper ring slices
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic, from a jar
- Mayo, enough to spread on hoagie buns
- Zesty Italian salad dressing, enough to drizzle on each sub
- 4 hoagie buns, I used Asiago Cheese hoagie buns
Preheat toaster oven.
Combine butter and garlic and melt in microwave oven, 1-1/2 minutes or so. When melted, brush mixture on the bottom of hoagie buns and the tops.
Layer the deli meats on the bottom half of bun, then the cheese, bacon and then onion.
Place in toaster oven open faced with top bun facing upwards. Toast until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and spread mayo, drizzle Italian dressing, add tomato, banana peppers and lettuce.
Serve with pickles and chips.
Here is the link for Mr. Sub's menu: