- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryI love this recipe because I originated it with my husband. I wanted peanut butter cookies but with more than just peanut butter. I combined several ingredients that I and my husband liked in a cookie and came up with these. I have let people try these cookies who said they didn't like peanut butter cookies and are now hooked! They can be considered peanut butter cookies because that is the main ingredient but they are so much more. I wnated to share these cookies with everyone on Bakespace because they are a treasure to my family and if you try the recipe you will see why the are called decadent, they will ruin your diet because you can't just eat one!
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 13/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon each cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together margarine, brown and white sugars, and peanut butters until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg with a wire whisk. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats until just combined then stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto baking sheets lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven or until light brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Once cooled, enjoy!