- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 hard cooked eggs
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise (I prefer Best Foods or Hellman's)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 tsp. salt or to taste ( I use less )
- *optional 1/2 tsp. minced fresh tarragon
- Place eggs in saucepan, add cold water to cover eggs by one inch.
- Bring to a boil, remove from burner, cover pot and leave in hot water for about 12 minutes for large eggs.
- Cool immediately in cold water or ice bath and refrigerate.
- When completely cool (eggs can be boiled ahead) slice in half and remove yolk to medium bowl.
- Grate or fork yolks (grating is best for a piping bag)
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust (I usually add more mayo for a creamier consistency)
- Pipe or spoon mixture into each egg half and dust lightly with paprika.
NotesAfter years of boring mayo and egg yolk mashed with a fork deviled eggs (thanks mom), I found this in a cook book at the library. I think it was a Marcia Adams book. I modified the recipe and omit the fresh tarragon because I don't usually have it around. I do pipe the mashed yolk mixture with a star tip because it looks so much nicer. My dad loved these (sorry mom). You can easily change the quantity of eggs cooked (18 halves fits my portioned egg tray) and adjust the ingredients accordingly. I often add more mayo and I do dust the finished egg with paprika.
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More