- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis came out of an old cookbook. My Great Aunt use to put ,recipes,letter,postcards in her cookbooks for safe keeping. She alway knew where the recipe she want was. She made this recipe often.
This mixture can be used as a drop cookie by adding 2 -3 tablespon of milk and not chilling. Nuts ,raisins or chocolate chips may be added to this type of cookie.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar( three teaspoons baking powder may be substitued for the cream of tartar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream sugar,shortening, and eggs.
- Add in dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Chill for 1 1/2 hours
- Then form balls in size of an english walnut
- Roll mixture in the 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart
- Bake at 375 degree oven about 9-10 minutes