- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar( three teaspoons baking powder may be substitued for the cream of tartar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream sugar,shortening, and eggs.
- Add in dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Chill for 1 1/2 hours
- Then form balls in size of an english walnut
- Roll mixture in the 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart
- Bake at 375 degree oven about 9-10 minutes
NotesThis came out of an old cookbook. My Great Aunt use to put ,recipes,letter,postcards in her cookbooks for safe keeping. She alway knew where the recipe she want was. She made this recipe often.
This mixture can be used as a drop cookie by adding 2 -3 tablespon of milk and not chilling. Nuts ,raisins or chocolate chips may be added to this type of cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More