- Cooking Time: 4-5 hrs
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 min
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- Flour tortillas or flatbread
- 1. Place the diced onion in the slow cooker. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place it on top of the onions, and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and onions to a medium bowl and shred the meat.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, honey, and ginger, then stir the mixture into the shredded chicken and onion.
- 4. Place a small handful of broccoli slaw on a warm tortilla, add several spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, and roll up. Makes 6 to 8 rolls.
NotesI got this recipe from a website that sends me little crafts and recipes every other day. It is called Family Fun. I believe it is run by Disney. They have a lot of great ideas for families. I just love the flavor in this recipe and I love Asian dishes. I couldn’t' get enough of this chicken. When I made it my husband liked it but thought it was too sweet to have it for a meal. He thinks it would be better as an appetizer. I don't even know what he is talking about, he must have been drunk. Anyways I love so I will share it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Short & Sweet
Koken met OmaSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More