- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, cocoa and vanilla until smooth
- Combine the cocoa mixture with the butter mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl, until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, blending with a mixer until combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough with a small ice cream scoop and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cookie center comes out clean.
- After removing cookies from the oven, use a rounded soup spoon to gently press an indentation or puddle in the center of each warm cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- To make Chocolate Ganache:
- Slowly melt chopped semisweet chocolate in the microwave.
- Add cream and whisk vigorously until smooth and thick.
- Place in a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal.
- Cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache into the center puddle indentation of each cookie.
- If you have any leftover chocolate, use it to drizzle across the outer edges of the cookies. Cool completely before serving.
- Mud puddle cookies may be frozen.
- Yield: about 40 cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
The Naked MacaronSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More