- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, cocoa and vanilla until smooth
- Combine the cocoa mixture with the butter mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl, until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, blending with a mixer until combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough with a small ice cream scoop and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cookie center comes out clean.
- After removing cookies from the oven, use a rounded soup spoon to gently press an indentation or puddle in the center of each warm cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- To make Chocolate Ganache:
- Slowly melt chopped semisweet chocolate in the microwave.
- Add cream and whisk vigorously until smooth and thick.
- Place in a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal.
- Cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache into the center puddle indentation of each cookie.
- If you have any leftover chocolate, use it to drizzle across the outer edges of the cookies. Cool completely before serving.
- Mud puddle cookies may be frozen.
- Yield: about 40 cookies
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More