- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter (in room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 table spoon flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- 1/4 tea spoon lemon zest
- 2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- Heat oven 350 deg. F
- Grease 8x8x2 inch square pan
- Mix flour, butter and 1 cup powder sugar
- Press evenly in the square pan building up 1/2 inch edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Beat remaining ingredients except powder sugar untill light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- pour over hot crust.
- Bake untill no indentation remains when touched in the center for about 25 minutes or little longer.
- Cool, sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Cut in to square pieces and serve when cool.
NotesSaw the recipe on the box of C&H Sugar cover.
Modified it with added ingredients to suit our taste.
Made it on several parties at our house for friends. They all loved it. Some even asked for the recipe.
All my family members liked it a lot.
Wanted to share it with others because it is so so good!!!