- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOK, A friend of mine made this for a little get together this year, it was absolutely delicious... a little sweet, but that can be changed by simply adding less sugar (I reduce the sugar by 2 TB)
- 1.5 Liter bottle of Red Table Wine (I prefer Shiraz/Syrah or Red Zinfandel)
- 2 Cups POM (or other brand of Pomegranate juice)
- 1 Cup Cranberry Juice (Without Sugar - Not the Cocktail stuff)
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar (I used 1/4 cup plus 2 TB)
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 Nutmeg; Cracked into about 3 pieces
- 5 All-Spice Berries
- 1 small orange; Cut into about 8 slices
- Drag our the Slow cooker.
- Mix the Wine, Juices, and Sugars together in the crock.
- Add Cinnamon, Nutmeg, All-Spice and the orange slices.
- Turn Slow cooker on High for about 2 hours or Low for 4 hours.
- Ladle into glass coffee mugs, add another cinnamon stick as a stir stick and a slice of orange for garnish...
- Great on a cold winters night to warm your cockles.