MULLED APPLE CIDER
- Servings: 10
- 2 Quarts bottled apple cider or juice
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 square (8 inches) double thickness cheesecloth
- 8 allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken into halves
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 large orange
- Additional cinnamon sticks (optional)
Combine apple cider and brown sugar in slow cooker.
Rinse cheesecloth; squeeze out water.
Wrap allspice berries and cinnamon stick halves in cheesecloth; tie securely with cotton string or strip of cheesecloth.
Stick cloves randomly into orange; cut orange into quarters.
Place spice bag and orange quarters in juice mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Once cooked, cider may be turned to LOW and kept
warm up to 3 additional hours.
Discard spice bag and orange quarters; ladle
cider into mugs.
Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, if desired.