- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Quarts bottled apple cider or juice
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 square (8 inches) double thickness cheesecloth
- 8 allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken into halves
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 large orange
- Additional cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Combine apple cider and brown sugar in slow cooker.
- Rinse cheesecloth; squeeze out water.
- Wrap allspice berries and cinnamon stick halves in cheesecloth; tie securely with cotton string or strip of cheesecloth.
- Stick cloves randomly into orange; cut orange into quarters.
- Place spice bag and orange quarters in juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Once cooked, cider may be turned to LOW and kept
- warm up to 3 additional hours.
- Discard spice bag and orange quarters; ladle
- cider into mugs.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More