- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups fruity red wine (such as merlot)
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid is medium-thick syrup and sauce is reduced to 2 2/3 cups, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer sauce to bowl.
- Refrigerate till cold, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.
- Keep chilled.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More