- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups fruity red wine (such as merlot)
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid is medium-thick syrup and sauce is reduced to 2 2/3 cups, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer sauce to bowl.
- Refrigerate till cold, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.
- Keep chilled.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Classic Chocolate Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More