MUM’S ANISE CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¾ C sugar
- 2/3 C shortening
- 3 eggs
- ¾ C milk
- 1 oz anise extract
- 2 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Confectioners Sugar
- Decorating confections
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together sugar & shortening
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with milk & anise
- Pour into greased & floured bundt pan.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool in pan 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Combine powdered sugar w/a bit of milk to create glaze.
- Pour over completely cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with decorations before glaze dries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More