MUM'S AMERICAN CHOP SUEY
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar Ragu
- a little Italian Seasoning
- Cook macaroni according to directions on box.
- Meanwhile, brown & drain ground beef.
- Add Ragu & Italian seasoning to meat and heat through.
- Drain macaroni.
- Add meat sauce to macaroni and mix well.
NotesAmerican Chop Suey, Goulash, Johnny Marzetti... whatever you call it; this is something my mom used to make all the time growing up. It's wicked fast & easy & good. She used Ragu. Now I would never use Ragu for anything but this. (nothing personal Ragu) But it is a MUST for this recipe. Otherwise, it just doesn't taste like Mum's! But I do add a little Italian Seasoning to it. This can be on the table in 15 minutes. Awesome for busy nights.
I'm sure there are way more fancy ways to make this. But this is how Mum made it and it's how I make it too!
Wicked fast, wicked easy, wicked cheap, YUM.