- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 - 9 baking apples (I use mostly MacIntosh and often mix with Cortlands)
- 1 C cinnamon/sugar mix (like you'd use for cinnamon toast)
- 1 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 C melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Toss apples with cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Pour apples into a baking dish.
- Using the bowl you used to toss apples with cinnamon/sugar whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. (you get bonus flavor of a little bit of cinnamon sugar left from the apples in the bowl)
- Stir in lightly beaten egg, until well combined and crumbly.
- Pour flour mixture over apples and cover evenly.
- Evenly pour melted butter over the top of flour mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Cool 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
NotesMy mom made this often while I was growing up. I make it often too. Everyone really likes it. A few years ago, I lost my copy of her recipe and started to have to call her every time I wanted to make it. I'd call her and scribble it on a scrap of paper and lose the paper. Every time I'd promise to write it down properly and keep it with my recipes and every time I'd lose it again. I called her again tonight and scribbled it on a piece of paper. Tonight, I'm finally going to make good on my promise and I'm writing it down properly. Well.. I'm typing it and sharing it with all of you!! Don't be surprised if one day, if my internet is out, I give you a call to ask for the recipe!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More