- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom has made these cookies for as long as I can remember. They were always on our Christmas cookie trays. But they were also very common for Camp Fire Girls, school, or pretty much any holiday you can think of.
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Decorate with colored sugars, jimmies and/or any edible decorations you like.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 400F.