- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Decorate with colored sugars, jimmies and/or any edible decorations you like.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 400F.
NotesMy mom has made these cookies for as long as I can remember. They were always on our Christmas cookie trays. But they were also very common for Camp Fire Girls, school, or pretty much any holiday you can think of.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Lau Family Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More