- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 1.5 lbs stew meat (or steak tips)
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth
- 8 carrots cut into thirds (or equivalent baby carrots)
- flour (enough to thicken broth)
- First season the meat with salt & pepper.
- Then brown in a sauce pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce (about 1/4 to 1/2 C), carrots and cover with beef broth.
- Simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Remove meat & carrots.
- Thicken broth with flour.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
NotesThis was one of my favorite meals growing up. I LOVE the gravy. I’d always cover a piece of bread with it during dinner. Now my daughter loves it and does the same thing!
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More