- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis was one of my favorite meals growing up. I LOVE the gravy. I’d always cover a piece of bread with it during dinner. Now my daughter loves it and does the same thing!
- 1 - 1.5 lbs stew meat (or steak tips)
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth
- 8 carrots cut into thirds (or equivalent baby carrots)
- flour (enough to thicken broth)
- First season the meat with salt & pepper.
- Then brown in a sauce pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce (about 1/4 to 1/2 C), carrots and cover with beef broth.
- Simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Remove meat & carrots.
- Thicken broth with flour.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.