- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the sugar, syrup, salt, and peanuts.
- Microwave the mixture on High for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Be careful! The bowl may be very hot. Use pot holders when moving it in and out of the microwave.
- Gently stir in the tablespoon of butter and the teaspoon of vanilla.
- Microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the teaspoon of baking soda (do not be alarmed, the mixture will thicken and change color) and quickly pour onto a buttered cookie sheet. Tilt the pan to spread. Note: It will not cover the entire sheet.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces and share with a friend.
NotesI’ve been up since around 3:30 AM and I’m now sick of trying to watch “A Walsh Family Christmas” on YouTube, so I decided to cook something. It had to be brainless and quick; something that didn’t involve any frantic KitchenAid noise. My mom’s Peanut Brittle seemed like the way to go. This crunchy treat is created completely in the microwave and it takes less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish (not including cooling time). You’re going to freak when you try it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More