- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In 1-1/2 qt casserole stir together sugar and syrup. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave at high 3 to 5 minutes until light brown.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blend well. Microwave at high 1 to 2 minutes more. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet, or unbuttered non-stick coated cookie sheet. Let cool 1/2 to 1 hour. Once cooled, break into small pieces and store in airtight container. Makes about 1 pound.
- Note: If raw peanuts are used, add with the sugar-syrup mixture before microwaving the first time, along with 1/8 teaspoon salt
NotesThis is an easy recipe that I've been making in the microwave oven for many years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More