- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In 1-1/2 qt casserole stir together sugar and syrup. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave at high 3 to 5 minutes until light brown.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blend well. Microwave at high 1 to 2 minutes more. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet, or unbuttered non-stick coated cookie sheet. Let cool 1/2 to 1 hour. Once cooled, break into small pieces and store in airtight container. Makes about 1 pound.
- Note: If raw peanuts are used, add with the sugar-syrup mixture before microwaving the first time, along with 1/8 teaspoon salt
NotesThis is an easy recipe that I've been making in the microwave oven for many years.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More