MUNG BEAN AND POTATO CASSEROLE
- Servings: 8
- 2 cups dry mung beans
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian broth powder
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled, chunked, and steamed
- 1 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sale
- 1/4s teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Sort and soak mung beans overnight in three times their volume of water.
Drain and discard soaking water, rinse.
Dissolve broth powder in hot water to make stock.
SautÃ© garlic and onions in a little water or stock in a large skillet.
Add beans, celery, carrots and broth, simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally.
Add cooked potatoes, salt, white pepper and red pepper, simmer for another 2 - 3 minutes.