- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups dry mung beans
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian broth powder
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled, chunked, and steamed
- 1 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sale
- 1/4s teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sort and soak mung beans overnight in three times their volume of water.
- Drain and discard soaking water, rinse.
- Dissolve broth powder in hot water to make stock.
- SautÃ© garlic and onions in a little water or stock in a large skillet.
- Add beans, celery, carrots and broth, simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Add cooked potatoes, salt, white pepper and red pepper, simmer for another 2 - 3 minutes.
Notesmakes 3 quarts
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Babette's Test Kitchen
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More