- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespon paprika
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 can of sweet peas
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add a little cooking oil and saute garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add chicken and saute.
- Add paprika, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt to taste.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer, covered until chicken is cooked - about 30 mins.
- Add peas and garbanzo beans.
- Increase the heat and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cumin and chopped cilantro.
NotesI love ethnic food because its my little way of traveling the globe. So tonight I was craving some Indian flavors and decided to make Chicken Curry (also known as Murgh Masala). A Pubjabi speciality from North India, this chicken curry is fragrant with cumin and cilantro.
Here is my recipe for Murgh Masala.
* I served this over couscous cooked in chicken broth with chopped cilantro.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Megan Lust and The Gluten Free Vegan’s Pizza Buns
Asian Beef WrapsSee More