- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespon paprika
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 can of sweet peas
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add a little cooking oil and saute garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add chicken and saute.
- Add paprika, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt to taste.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer, covered until chicken is cooked - about 30 mins.
- Add peas and garbanzo beans.
- Increase the heat and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cumin and chopped cilantro.
NotesI love ethnic food because its my little way of traveling the globe. So tonight I was craving some Indian flavors and decided to make Chicken Curry (also known as Murgh Masala). A Pubjabi speciality from North India, this chicken curry is fragrant with cumin and cilantro.
Here is my recipe for Murgh Masala.
* I served this over couscous cooked in chicken broth with chopped cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More