MURGH MASALA (CHICKEN CURRY)
Murgh Masala (Chicken Curry)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespon paprika
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 can of sweet peas
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
Add a little cooking oil and saute garlic, ginger and onions.
Add chicken and saute.
Add paprika, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt to taste.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Decrease heat and simmer, covered until chicken is cooked - about 30 mins.
Add peas and garbanzo beans.
Increase the heat and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
Stir in cumin and chopped cilantro.
Here is my recipe for Murgh Masala.
* I served this over couscous cooked in chicken broth with chopped cilantro.