- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstorySaw this in Men's Health and just had to try it because it has everything in it that I love.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 strip of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 soft boiled egg, halved
- 1 hanger steak (4oz) grilled and sliced thinely against the grain (can substitute any other steak - I use the ribeyes I always have on hand and then use the rest for protein steak bite snacks)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved (I've also used campari tomatoes)
- 1/2 avacado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sugar or snap peas, steamed 2 minutes, halved on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp Annie's Green Goddess dressing (You can also make a nice dressing from scratch with egg yolks, champagne vinegar and anchoives if you're adventuresome.)
- Pretty much self explanitory above.
- Steam the sugar peas for two minutes then plunge into ice water to keep the bright green colour and stop the cooking. Pat dry on paper towel before halving.
- Soft boil the egg. Actually needs to be medium soft or you can't slice and keep the yolk looking nice so I suggest 3 1/2 - 4 minutes. Remove from the water and running cold water over it to stop it cooking. Remove shell and then half.
- Grill the steak to medium or medium rare depending on preference.
- Place romaine on bottom and then arrange steak, egg, cherry tomatoes, avacado and sugar peas on top.
- Crumble blue cheese over top.
- Spread chopped bacon over the top.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.