- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fresh white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 TB olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, red onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Add the lime juice and olive oil and gently toss. Salt to taste.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours or...if you have time and you've thought in advance, stick it in the fridge over night. Serve at room temperature.
NotesIn making this salsa....I was...timid. Not sure what to expect and how it would fill the roll that red tomato salsa has. Well...it doesn't. But that's not a bad thing. It has it's own roll. It's own flavors and it's own character. Once made...it's best after it has sat for a couple of hours and served at room temperature. It's even better the next day. I mean way better.
This salsa not only has the traditional salsa experiences; jalapeno heat, crunchy onion, soothing cilantro and limey tang....but add to that the meaty texture and earthy flavor of mushrooms. It's a whoooole new level for salsa.