- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh white mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Heat oil on low in a frying pan.
- Gently saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle in garlic and basil, then toss the mixture so that mushrooms are well-coated.
- Add the tomato, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together and cook just until the tomato softens.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Line your serving dish with the mixed greens, lay the bell pepper slices on the bed of greens, then top with the tomato-mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with the parsley or cilantro.
NotesNutritional Information per Serving
70 calories, 4g total fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 43g total carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 3g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
The One Dollar Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More