- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh white mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Heat oil on low in a frying pan.
- Gently saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle in garlic and basil, then toss the mixture so that mushrooms are well-coated.
- Add the tomato, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together and cook just until the tomato softens.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Line your serving dish with the mixed greens, lay the bell pepper slices on the bed of greens, then top with the tomato-mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with the parsley or cilantro.
NotesNutritional Information per Serving
70 calories, 4g total fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 43g total carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 3g protein