- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb sliced mushrooms (I use crimini, shiitake and white, but you can use your favorite or a combo)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (can also use your favorite nut, or a combination such as 1/3 c almonds, 1/3 c walnuts)
- 1/4 cup butter (preferred) or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil (I've used extra virgin olive oil, salad oil, and white truffle infused oil, your preference)
- Spread nuts in shallow pan and toast in oven until lightly browned (if you're using a combination of nuts, toast each kind separately, as some take longer than others).
- Melt butter or margarine in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally,until onion is soft and most of the juices have evaporated.
- In food processor, whirl nuts to form paste.
- Add oil and whirl until creamy.
- Add mushroom mixture and whirl until smooth.
NotesCan be served hot, cold, or even at room temperature with fresh bread or your favorite crackers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Lau Family Recipes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More