- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb sliced mushrooms (I use crimini, shiitake and white, but you can use your favorite or a combo)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (can also use your favorite nut, or a combination such as 1/3 c almonds, 1/3 c walnuts)
- 1/4 cup butter (preferred) or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil (I've used extra virgin olive oil, salad oil, and white truffle infused oil, your preference)
- Spread nuts in shallow pan and toast in oven until lightly browned (if you're using a combination of nuts, toast each kind separately, as some take longer than others).
- Melt butter or margarine in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally,until onion is soft and most of the juices have evaporated.
- In food processor, whirl nuts to form paste.
- Add oil and whirl until creamy.
- Add mushroom mixture and whirl until smooth.
NotesCan be served hot, cold, or even at room temperature with fresh bread or your favorite crackers.