- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI watched Giada DeLaurentis prepare this "Meat-Lovers" vegetarian dish...made this and really enjoyed the taste
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing your grill
- 4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used store bought)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on the grill to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. Grill until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara sauce and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the cheeses and top with the butter pieces. Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serves 4 to 6