- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. cooked pearl barley
- 8 c. beef or vegetable stock
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. non-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 Tbls. butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and carrot and cook until just tender.
- Add mushrooms and remaining butter and cook until just tender.
- Add barley and stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream with flour and dill.
- Whisk into soup and simmer until soup thickens slightly.
NotesAdapted from Martha Stewart Living Recipe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More