- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. cooked pearl barley
- 8 c. beef or vegetable stock
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. non-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 Tbls. butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and carrot and cook until just tender.
- Add mushrooms and remaining butter and cook until just tender.
- Add barley and stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream with flour and dill.
- Whisk into soup and simmer until soup thickens slightly.
NotesAdapted from Martha Stewart Living Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
GAES PTO Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More