- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. cooked pearl barley
- 8 c. beef or vegetable stock
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. non-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 Tbls. butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and carrot and cook until just tender.
- Add mushrooms and remaining butter and cook until just tender.
- Add barley and stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream with flour and dill.
- Whisk into soup and simmer until soup thickens slightly.
NotesAdapted from Martha Stewart Living Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More