- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. cooked pearl barley
- 8 c. beef or vegetable stock
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. non-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 Tbls. butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and carrot and cook until just tender.
- Add mushrooms and remaining butter and cook until just tender.
- Add barley and stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream with flour and dill.
- Whisk into soup and simmer until soup thickens slightly.
NotesAdapted from Martha Stewart Living Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More