- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. sliced white or porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion/shallot
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- For the bread,preheat oven to broil.
- Season olive oil with salt, pepper and spread on to sliced bread.
- Broil in oven/toaster oven until browned/toasted (5-7 minutes).
- For the topping, saute onion/shallot and garlic in a bit of olive oil or butter.
- Add mushrooms, saute together until soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once finished with the mushroom mixture, pull bread out of the oven.
- Top each slice with cheese (so it can start melting) and then spoon the mushroom saute mixture on top of the cheese.
NotesA super easy variation on bruschetta that's really savory.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More