- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. sliced white or porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion/shallot
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- For the bread,preheat oven to broil.
- Season olive oil with salt, pepper and spread on to sliced bread.
- Broil in oven/toaster oven until browned/toasted (5-7 minutes).
- For the topping, saute onion/shallot and garlic in a bit of olive oil or butter.
- Add mushrooms, saute together until soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once finished with the mushroom mixture, pull bread out of the oven.
- Top each slice with cheese (so it can start melting) and then spoon the mushroom saute mixture on top of the cheese.
NotesA super easy variation on bruschetta that's really savory.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More