- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA super easy variation on bruschetta that's really savory.
- 1 lb. sliced white or porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion/shallot
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- For the bread,preheat oven to broil.
- Season olive oil with salt, pepper and spread on to sliced bread.
- Broil in oven/toaster oven until browned/toasted (5-7 minutes).
- For the topping, saute onion/shallot and garlic in a bit of olive oil or butter.
- Add mushrooms, saute together until soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once finished with the mushroom mixture, pull bread out of the oven.
- Top each slice with cheese (so it can start melting) and then spoon the mushroom saute mixture on top of the cheese.