- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/3 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- 1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat, until melted together.
- 2. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Shake off excess and add to skillet.
- Cook chicken until done, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- 3. To the skillet, add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- 4. Add the wine to deglaze the pan.
- Bring to a boil, and scrape up any brown bits. Cook the wine down by about half.
- 5. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet.
- Heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Add the chicken back in the skillet to warm through, or just pour mushroom sauce over chicken.
- (If you want a thicker sauce, mix some corn starch and water and add to the skillet with the liquid).
NotesOk, so *technically* this is not a piccata because there are no capers. But, I put mushrooms instead because I don't like capers. Feel free to toss them in at the end!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More