MUSHROOM CHICKEN PICCATA
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/3 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat, until melted together.
2. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
Shake off excess and add to skillet.
Cook chicken until done, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Remove and keep warm.
3. To the skillet, add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook another minute.
4. Add the wine to deglaze the pan.
Bring to a boil, and scrape up any brown bits. Cook the wine down by about half.
5. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the chicken back in the skillet to warm through, or just pour mushroom sauce over chicken.
(If you want a thicker sauce, mix some corn starch and water and add to the skillet with the liquid).