- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time:
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbl. oilve oil
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 8 oz. fresh button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbl. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbl. heavy cream
- Season boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil.
- Remove from skillet and tent with foil.
- Melt 2 Tbl. Butter in same pan and add sliced mushrooms, chopped garlic, chopped shallot, and black pepper.
- Brown and sprinkle in 2 Tbl. Flour.
- Brown to make a roux, and add 1-1/2 cups chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken back to pan to finish cooking for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken to a board and slice for presentation.
- Add 1 Tbl.. Balsamic vinegar and 3 Tbl. Cream to sauce to finish.
- Spoon sauce over plated chicken slices.
- Serve over noodles or orzo.
NotesNot sure where I got this, but think it may be an adaptation of a Rachael Ray recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More