- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time:
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbl. oilve oil
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 8 oz. fresh button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbl. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbl. heavy cream
- Season boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil.
- Remove from skillet and tent with foil.
- Melt 2 Tbl. Butter in same pan and add sliced mushrooms, chopped garlic, chopped shallot, and black pepper.
- Brown and sprinkle in 2 Tbl. Flour.
- Brown to make a roux, and add 1-1/2 cups chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken back to pan to finish cooking for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken to a board and slice for presentation.
- Add 1 Tbl.. Balsamic vinegar and 3 Tbl. Cream to sauce to finish.
- Spoon sauce over plated chicken slices.
- Serve over noodles or orzo.
NotesNot sure where I got this, but think it may be an adaptation of a Rachael Ray recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More