- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Yield: 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9") pie crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 c. half-and-half, light cream or milk
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Brush the inside of the pie shell with a small amount of beaten egg. Prick bottom & sides with fork. If using pie plate, bake shell in preheated 425º oven 5 min. ot 'til light golden brown. If using metal pie pan, bake shell @ 450º. Set aside. Reduce oven to 350º for pie plate, 375º for metal pan.
- In large skillet over medium heat sauté mushrooms & onions in butter until browned & tender, about 6 - 8 minutes. Stir together mushrooms & Swiss cheese. Put into pie shell. To the beaten eggs, add all remaining ingredients. Beat until well blended. Pour over mushroom mixture. Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
- You may use a thawed frozen deep-dish pie shell. Prebake shell in preheated 450º oven. Bake quiche at 375º for 40 -45 minutes.
- I like to serve this with a nice green salad or fresh fruit.
NotesThis recipe actually came off of a calendar about 20+ years ago! I've no idea what calendar it was, but it may have been one of those freebies businesses used to give away around the holidays.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Austin Personal Training Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More