- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Yield: 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe actually came off of a calendar about 20+ years ago! I've no idea what calendar it was, but it may have been one of those freebies businesses used to give away around the holidays.
- 1 (9") pie crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 c. half-and-half, light cream or milk
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Brush the inside of the pie shell with a small amount of beaten egg. Prick bottom & sides with fork. If using pie plate, bake shell in preheated 425º oven 5 min. ot 'til light golden brown. If using metal pie pan, bake shell @ 450º. Set aside. Reduce oven to 350º for pie plate, 375º for metal pan.
- In large skillet over medium heat sauté mushrooms & onions in butter until browned & tender, about 6 - 8 minutes. Stir together mushrooms & Swiss cheese. Put into pie shell. To the beaten eggs, add all remaining ingredients. Beat until well blended. Pour over mushroom mixture. Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
- You may use a thawed frozen deep-dish pie shell. Prebake shell in preheated 450º oven. Bake quiche at 375º for 40 -45 minutes.
- I like to serve this with a nice green salad or fresh fruit.