- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 15g/½oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 litre/1¾ pints hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 50g/2oz butter, plus an extra knob of chilled butter
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 300g/10oz superfine carnaroli risotto rice
- 100ml/3½fl oz dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g/7oz fresh mushrooms, sliced if large
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 25g/1oz parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- 2. Put the stock in a pan and keep it at simmering point. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the rice and stir for a minute or so to coat it in the butter.
- 3. Pour in half the white wine and let it bubble for a few minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- 4. Drain the porcini and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- 5. Add the porcini to the rice and then start to add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring well between each addition until the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6. Meanwhile, heat t olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so until translucent but not coloured. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until they give up their juices.
- 7. Pour in the remaining white wine and let it bubble for a few minutes so the alcohol evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8. When the rice is tender and all the stock has been added, remove from the heat and leave to rest for 30 seconds. Stir in the mushrooms, a knob of butter, parmesan and parsley, then season to taste and serve immediately.
- by Giorgio Locatelli
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More