- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4c Olive oil
- 3tblsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-5cloves garlic, chopped
- 1carton fresh mushrooms, your choice
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1tsp Penzey's Ozark seasoning
- 1c risotto
- 3-5c beef stock
- Grated or shredded fresh Parmesan
- Heat oil & butter in a heavy Dutch oven over med heat. Saute onions, garlic & mushrooms til onions and mushrooms begin to soften and brown. Add rice & seasonings, and saute til rice becomes transluscent; do NOT brown the rice. Add 1c of stock; cook & stir till mostly absorbed. Add another cup or 2 of stock, and cook & stir. Reduce heat to LOW, cover and cook, adding stock as needed to keep rice from burning, stirring often, til rice is tender and creamy but NOT soupy at all; if you've added too much stock, take the lid off and cook to reduce. Serve garnished with cheese.
NotesI made this Xmas eve and it only took 4 of us to eliminate any trace of it in the pan.