- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 pound fresh portobello and crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 -ounce dried porcini mushrooms, wiped of grit
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat the chicken broth in a medium saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 onion and 1 clove garlic, cook, stirring, until translucent,
- about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh mushrooms, herbs and butter.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in truffle oil then
- add the dried porcini mushrooms
- which were reconstituted in1 cup of warm chicken broth.
- Season again with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Saute 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat a saucepan with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Saute the remaining 1/2 onion and garlic clove.
- Add the rice and stir quickly until it is well-coated and opaque, 1 minute.
- This step cooks the starchy coating and prevents the grains from sticking.
- Stir in wine and cook until it is nearly all evaporated.
- Now, with a ladle, add 1 cup of the warm broth and cook, stirring,
- until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time.
- Continue to cook and stir,
- allowing the rice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more.
- The risotto should be slightly firm and creamy, not mushy.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the rice mixture.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, cook briefly until melted.
- Top with a drizzle of truffle oil and chopped parsley before serving.
NotesSubmitted by Annicka Polanco
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Paul's Food World Volume 1
The Social CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More