- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Loaf of white sandwich bread, sliced
- butter or margarine for brushing
- Put onion, mushrooms and butter into frying pan. Saute until soft and onions are clear.
- Add cream cheese in chunks.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Let stand until completely cool.
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Roll each slice with rolling pin.
- Spread mushroom mixture on each slice and roll up as for jelly roll.
- Brush with melted or soft butter.
- Place on tray to freeze.
- Store in plastic bag.
- To serve, cut each roll into 3 pieces.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes until toasted and hot.
- Makes 4 dozen.
NotesThis hors d'oeuvre is a favorite----you'll eat until it's gone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More