- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons dried wild mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Instructions
- 1. Soak the dried mushrooms in the sherry for about 30 minutes. Lift the mushrooms out of the soaking liquid with a slotted spoon. Set aside. Strain the sherry and reserve.
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- 3. Add the chicken stock, fresh and rehydrated mushrooms, reserved sherry, potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft.
- 4. Puree the soup and return it to the pot. Reheat and adjust the seasoning. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More