- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons dried wild mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Instructions
- 1. Soak the dried mushrooms in the sherry for about 30 minutes. Lift the mushrooms out of the soaking liquid with a slotted spoon. Set aside. Strain the sherry and reserve.
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- 3. Add the chicken stock, fresh and rehydrated mushrooms, reserved sherry, potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft.
- 4. Puree the soup and return it to the pot. Reheat and adjust the seasoning. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More