- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- For the steaksauce:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup A-1 steak sauce
- half the juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Place ground sirloin in a mixing bowl. Add BBQ sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Lightly mix to combine. Score the meat into four sections so your burgers will be about the same size. Form 4 patties, using your thumb to make an indention in the middle. You want them to be plump on the sides, skinny in the middle so they'll cook evenly. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a small skillet. Add mushrooms to pan and begin to brown. Once they start turning brown, salt and pepper them to taste. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then reduce and caramelize until there is a rich brown coating. Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside.
- Heat another skillet with oil to medium. Place the patties into the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes; flip and then cook for 3-4 more minutes more, depending on how rare you like your burgers. Turn off the heat and top burgers with 2 slices of cheese and mushrooms. Allow to sit for 1 minute for cheese to melt. In the meantime, make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Drain burgers on paper towels before placing on buns. Toast the hamburger buns and butter both sides. Assemble the burgers, topping with a dollop of sauce.
NotesThere's nothing like a good burger. We are huge burger lovers and usually have burger night once a week. My favorite way to eat a burger is simple: cheddar cheese, with mayo, ketchup, lettuce and a slice of tomato. But I definitely like to try all kinds of burgers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More