- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- For the steaksauce:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup A-1 steak sauce
- half the juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Place ground sirloin in a mixing bowl. Add BBQ sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Lightly mix to combine. Score the meat into four sections so your burgers will be about the same size. Form 4 patties, using your thumb to make an indention in the middle. You want them to be plump on the sides, skinny in the middle so they'll cook evenly. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a small skillet. Add mushrooms to pan and begin to brown. Once they start turning brown, salt and pepper them to taste. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then reduce and caramelize until there is a rich brown coating. Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside.
- Heat another skillet with oil to medium. Place the patties into the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes; flip and then cook for 3-4 more minutes more, depending on how rare you like your burgers. Turn off the heat and top burgers with 2 slices of cheese and mushrooms. Allow to sit for 1 minute for cheese to melt. In the meantime, make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Drain burgers on paper towels before placing on buns. Toast the hamburger buns and butter both sides. Assemble the burgers, topping with a dollop of sauce.
NotesThere's nothing like a good burger. We are huge burger lovers and usually have burger night once a week. My favorite way to eat a burger is simple: cheddar cheese, with mayo, ketchup, lettuce and a slice of tomato. But I definitely like to try all kinds of burgers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More