- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ounces uncooked dried spinach fettuccine*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Stir flour and pepper into mushroom mixture. Stir in vegetable broth and tomato paste. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (2 to 3 minutes). Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sour cream. Continue cooking until mixture is heated through (1 to 2 minutes). (DO NOT BOIL.)
- Serve mushroom mixture over hot cooked fettuccine.
- *Substitute 1(9-ounce) package refrigerated spinach fettuccine
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More