- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 LB Mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- Reserve stems
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup or more of chicken broth
- approximately 3-4 cups of stuffing (cubes)
- Garlic powder, seasoned pepper and Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Melt butter add onions, celery & seasoning. Chop mushroom stems and add to onions and celery. Saute for aout 7-10 minutes.
- Add stuffing cubes and chicken broth
- mix well. Make sure stuffing is moist, but not soggy.
- One 9" pie dish. Spray with cooking spray and place mushroom caps in pie dish gill side up.
- Pour stuffing mix over mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over stuffing. (to taste)
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes, remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
NotesThis recipe came about one Saturday night when my husband was working, I tried this out after making stuffed mushrooms for my sisters dinner party.
I serve this with beef, chicken and pork. If there's any left over stuffing mix, I heat it in the microwave and serve paoched eggs over it for a quick breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More