- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 LB Mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- Reserve stems
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup or more of chicken broth
- approximately 3-4 cups of stuffing (cubes)
- Garlic powder, seasoned pepper and Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Melt butter add onions, celery & seasoning. Chop mushroom stems and add to onions and celery. Saute for aout 7-10 minutes.
- Add stuffing cubes and chicken broth
- mix well. Make sure stuffing is moist, but not soggy.
- One 9" pie dish. Spray with cooking spray and place mushroom caps in pie dish gill side up.
- Pour stuffing mix over mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over stuffing. (to taste)
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes, remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
NotesThis recipe came about one Saturday night when my husband was working, I tried this out after making stuffed mushrooms for my sisters dinner party.
I serve this with beef, chicken and pork. If there's any left over stuffing mix, I heat it in the microwave and serve paoched eggs over it for a quick breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More