- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 oz (about 2/3 cup) dried mushrooms
- 1 c. flour
- 2-1/2 c. nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 T. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp red wine
- Crush half the mushrooms until quite small and leave the
- remainder as they come.
- Combine all ingredients except wine and store in a covered container at
- room temperature. Mix thoroughly before each use.
- Mushroom Sauce:
- 3/4 c. mix + 1 c. water
- Combine 3/4 cup dry mix with some of the 1 cup water to make a smooth
- paste. Add remaining water and 1 Tbsp red wine and stir continuously over moderate heat until sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Boil gently for 1-2 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More