- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, more or less
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Saute the mushrooms, then add onions, salt, soy sauce and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Spoon the mushroom mixture into a medium bowl. Serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold later.
NotesMy mother always made these mushrooms as a side dish and sometimes as an appetizer during holiday celebrations for the Russian zakuski table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More