MUSHROOMS AND PASTA
- Servings: 4
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. fresh button mushrooms, halved or quartered (4-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 3 cup hot cooked pasta
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add cream. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
2. To serve, place hot cooked pasta in serving bowl. Spoon mushroom sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.