- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. fresh button mushrooms, halved or quartered (4-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 3 cup hot cooked pasta
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. In a large skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add cream. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. To serve, place hot cooked pasta in serving bowl. Spoon mushroom sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More