- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 large mushrooms -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 36 raw green-lipped mussels
- 1/2 cup olives -- chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes -- chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 ounce tequila
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- Place mussels in a large bowl with cold water to cover.
- Let them soak for about 20 minutes to remove any dirt or sand.
- Cook angel hair pasta in another pot for 8-10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large stockpot at medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, onion.
- Saute until onions are transparent but do not brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and cook until tender.
- Season with basil, oregano, and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and fresh tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wine, tequila, and mussels to skillet.
- cover and increase heat to high for until mussel shells are open, about 10-15 minutes.
- Discard any unopened shells.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve with pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Home cookingSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More