- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 large mushrooms -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 36 raw green-lipped mussels
- 1/2 cup olives -- chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes -- chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 ounce tequila
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- Place mussels in a large bowl with cold water to cover.
- Let them soak for about 20 minutes to remove any dirt or sand.
- Cook angel hair pasta in another pot for 8-10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large stockpot at medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, onion.
- Saute until onions are transparent but do not brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and cook until tender.
- Season with basil, oregano, and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and fresh tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wine, tequila, and mussels to skillet.
- cover and increase heat to high for until mussel shells are open, about 10-15 minutes.
- Discard any unopened shells.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve with pasta.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More