- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 box fudge cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix cake mix with 1 egg and oil until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture in 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Beat cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread over baked layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool and cut into bars.
NotesI acquired this recipe from a family friend. His wife passed away years ago, he gave me all her recipes. She had some very old and unique recipe boxes. His only request was to make him several things from them. This was one he asked for quite often. He recently passed as well, every time I make these bars I think of him and smile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More